Sunday, January 20, 2013

YHWH the Messiah

There is an alarming trend in Christianity today.  Especially in our Messianic Jewish Congregations.  I'm speaking of the trend of denying the Divinity of Yeshua.  I thought I'd address some of the Scriptures that I believe show that Yeshua is YHWH, for those of you who are interested.  First, what did Yeshua himself say?

Yochanan(John)8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins.

And again in

Yochanan(John)8:56 Your father Avraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Avraham?
58 Yeshua said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Avraham was, I AM.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Yeshua hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

In these passages we have Yeshua claiming to be the I AM.  That is He claimed to be YHWH who spoke to Moshe(Moses) in the burning bush.  The people even tried to stone Him for it.  Some people try to say that Yeshua was not claiming to be YHWH, but that He was just saying that He came in the name of YHWH, like Moshe.  The obvious problem with this theory is that Yeshua did not say "if you believe not that I come in the name of I AM,  ye shall die in your sins."  He said "for if ye believe not that I Am, ye shall die in your sins."  It is very clear that Yeshua is claiming to be I AM not just sent by Him.  There are many passages in the Brit Chadasha(New Testament) that make this truth obvious.  Sadly many people that deny that Yeshua is YHWH claim that these passages were added to the Scriptures later by the Catholic Church.  So let us focus on some Tanakh passages that also proclaim that YHWH himself would be the Messiah.

Tehillim(Psalm)93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

Here we have the Psalmist describing YHWH as "from everlasting."

Micah5:2 But thou, Beth-lechem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Yehudah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. 

And here we have Micah describing Yeshua as "from everlasting."  Coincidence?  I think not!

Zacharyahu(Zechariah)12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Yerushalaim, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.  

Here we have YHWH Himself saying that He would be pierced!  Yet this is a prominent messianic verse that is excepted as describing Yeshua.  Maybe, just maybe YHWH is Yeshua!?  Take a look at this next verse.

Yerimiyahu(Jerimiah)23:5 Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, YHWH Our Righteousness.

Here we have The Branch of David A.K.A. the Messiah being named,  and His name is YHWH tsedekenu!  Yeshua is our righteousness, and He is YHWH!  These are just some of the proof texts.  There are many more especially in the Brit Chadasha.  To the people that deny Yeshua is YHWH I say how convenient for you that all the Scriptures in the NT that say Yeshua is YHWH were added by the Catholics.  What are you going to do?  Throw these verses out also?

No comments:

Post a Comment